Eastlake Village Veterinary Clinic
- Be proactive. Keep all animals up-to-date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. Place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
You can't resist cute.Get a Gift Card for a friend, family member, or coworker (or their adorable side-kick). Gift cards can be redeemed at the Eastlake Village Veterinary Clinic. We’ve got treats for dogs and cats, plus an array of other items your pet may need! The gift card can be put toward grooming, veterinary visits, services, and products as well – both over-the-counter and prescription! How great is that?!
Lucy, was an adorable Min Pin that was suffering from horrible and chronic allergies. She had food allergies as well as severe pollen allergies.
She had been to different veterinarians that just kept treating her with antibiotics and steroids. Clearly she needed a different treatment. We concentrated on improving her overall health, clearing up her chronic ear infections and bad skin with topical ear medications and medicated mousse applications on her entire body.
We also started her on a very strict hydrolyzed diet with essential fatty acids – which are lacking in most dogs that suffer from allergies. We treated her daily with antibiotics, antihistamines and other topical and systemic (oral) treatments.
About 12 to 14 weeks later she actually looked like a Min Pin! What an amazing transformation! And Lucy is forever grateful for her new lease on life.
This little guy arrived in misery. He could not stop chewing and biting to the point that he was gnawing at his skin and causing open, raw, bleeding sores. He was diagnosed with Sarcoptic Mange. This mange causes excessive itching and severe, self-inflicted trauma. Dogs will not stop eating at their skin! This condition is almost always associated with secondary staph infection – which adds to the severity of the disease.
Little Henry was quickly started on systemic (oral) and topical treatments, which included anti-itch medications, antibiotics, daily medicated baths and oral supplements.
He was also full of intestinal parasites which further suppressed his immune system. A proper deworming schedule was started… and three months later, he was a happy, bouncy, healthy little guy with amazing skin and a beautiful coat!
We weren’t quite sure what breed Donna was when she was first brought in to us by a rescue. She had a terrible case of generalized dermatitis, that turned out to be a chronic demodectic mange with a secondary infection. The mites had completely destroyed her hair follicles and her skin was thickened, dry and full of yeast and bacteria.
Soon after the skin scrape that demonstrated numerous live and breeding mites, we initiated systemic treatment (internal medication) as well as topical creams and supplements. Eight weeks later, she was a new dog! She grew back a gorgeous coat and she was happy, playful and full of life.
The best part was that she was adopted to a forever home where she will be loved and cared for…for the rest of her life!
Donna truly got a new chance at a good life! We’re so happy we were able to help her thrive.
- Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems
- SurgeryIn our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, Eastlake Village Veterinary Clinic is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients in Chula Vista, CA, and surrounding areas. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care
- Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease.
Our Clients Love Us!
This is one of the cleanest veterinary clinics I have been to. Dr Bischel and her staff are professional, caring, thorough.and very nice....Tony
Update July 2019: We've been going to Eastlake Village Vet Clinic now for more than 8 years. We still drive the 70 mile round trip to have our dogs treated and groomed there. When you find the right place and the people to care for your pets you just trust them and it's worth every mile.It's true, you can't please everyone. However, I can assure you from first hand experience that Dr Bischel cares for her patients. She also expects the best from her staff and she treats them well too. So please don't be deterred by those who have left negative feedback. We still HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr Bischel and her staff. Our dogs are our family, so we take this seriously.We've been going to this clinic with our dogs since 2011. Not only is this the only place we'll go because we trust Dr Bischel, but we also go because the staff is friendly and always look to help us all the time.If you love your pets, as we do, you'll go to see Dr Bischel. Our most senior dog just turned 15 years old. I promise you that he wouldn't be here or be as healthy if it wasn't for Dr Bischel caring for him.Everyone here loves all pets and want nothing short of the best care for them. Oh, and if you need a caring and highly professional groomer, then look no further. Chelsea does all of our dogs, and again, I will not go anywhere else to have them groomed.Our dogs look as if they've gone to a groomer that would charge more than $200 each. Chelsea charges the standard price and gives your pets the royalty treatment. We always tip her too. She's more than worth it.Don't just take my word for how great this clinic is, go check it out for yourself. By the way, we drive at least 35 miles one way to go here. That's how much we trust and value the care our pets receive. So we highly recommend EASTLAKE VILLAGE VETERINARY CLINIC!!!Swany
Special thanks to the pet-friendly businesses that have donated their services or have made significant contributions in our quest to help homeless animals. We highly recommend them!